Thursday, April 18, 2013

Better to Pick Myself Up with These Bootstraps.....

Than to hang myself with them.

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to go to law school. For as long as I can remember, I've put off taking the LSAT and applying, mainly because I've been afraid to fail at it. Since I'm getting older, though, I decided now is the time because I don't want to be going back to school at 40 (not that there's anything wrong with that; it's just not for me). So I did. I took the LSAT and sent out my apps and waited. And waited. And waited. Given my current situation (living in WA and not really having the money to move somewhere else) I only applied to 2 schools....1 here and the other in VA (only because they gave me a fee waiver). The responses? Denied. Both of them.

A normal person in this situation would try again. After all, if this is their dream, why give up on it? I, however, an not normal. I feel like my worst fears have been realized and I need to accept it and move on. I'm really not all that torn up about it either which also makes me question how badly I wanted it to begin with. Maybe a lot, maybe not. I do know that I can't dwell on it and I need to move on to the next.

I'm not settled into a career like I thought I would be at 30 and I'm still trying to find my horse to ride, but I have no doubts that whatever I end up doing, I will be great at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment